Whatever you decide to do after high school, to enter university or take job, at some stage of your life you have to write an excellent application. An application form wherever one is applying tends to be the same. So, a personal statement is an integral and significant part of application. While a person is writing his personal statement he has to show his skills and experience.
The good news is that if one has written an excellent personal statement, he can use it as a job application covering letter for the rest of his life. Every chief is looking for talented and skillful people. In case your personal statement says in right words that you are a brilliant employee, a chief will pick you among thousand people.
There are many personal statement essays. In this work we wanted to show the importance of this paper because it influences someone’s life. Our professional essay writing service possesses a wide variety of help. Chat with our agents if you have questions. We will assist one with great pleasure.
Common Mistakes in a Personal Statement
Let us figure out what errors can deprive you from entering college of your dream.
1. Lack of flow. When someone is making his personal statement, he is writing his story. Do not jump from one event to another. Make your story smooth. There must be connection between paragraphs. They must be linked.
2. Tell but not prove. Imagine that a person is telling that he is a brilliant tennis player, but he does not show it. Do not hide your passion, show it.
3. Make it too long. Do not make your personal statement too wordy. A person who will read it has several minutes to scan your paper. This work must help other to have a general idea of who you are. Make it compendious and interesting.
4. Another common mistake is a boring paper. Even if one’s personal statement is short, but it does not engage readers, it will fail.
5. Do not share your life. While creating a paper, try to reveal some piece of information about yourself. This is your chance and your life. Make an essay interesting and unique.
6. Not being yourself. Do not wear any mask. Reveal your life and your talents. Do not try to be someone else. Calm down and show the pluses that you possess.
7. Dumb jokes. If someone wants to include a funny story or a joke into his essay, he/she must be sure that it sounds well. Ask people who can help you and explain whether your joke is clever or not.
8. Fail to provide a reason for institution to accept you. Remember that a purpose of your work is to enter into a wonderful future. One must demonstrate his ability, talents, and desire.
Now you almost know what is a personal statement essay and how to write it correctly. Continue to read.
9. Prepare a paper in the last few days. It is not wise to be in a hurry while writing personal statement. Find time to do it properly. You need time to think, to make an outline, to gather all your thoughts. Then transfer all into a brilliant essay.
10. Skip editing. Proofread your paper many times. Check if there are any grammatical or spelling errors. Maybe you mixed up names or events. This essay influences your life. Make it perfect.
By the way, if you tell us, “Check my essay for errors”, we will do it quickly and effectively. Our writers can edit, proofread, and make papers. For these reasons, chat with us any time.
How to Write Personal Statement
1. Make research. This is the first thing that someone has to do before writing. Start research courses you want to apply for. Find out what topics will you study at the university, and what are the methods of learning in this institution.
So, when you will write your personal statement, mention in your paper the importance of a program that this university possesses.
2. Take your time. A person needs weeks and even months to think and to write. First, one may write a long statement, then edit and cut extra sentences.
Let your story flow. Put down all your thoughts. Sometimes a brilliant idea comes unexpectedly. Jot it down, then check for errors. Leave enough time for editing but edit your paper later.
Remember that personal statement essays for college are not easy to write. Someone needs to prepare to write good work, the one that will make an admission tutor says, “Yes, I want you to study here.”
3. Start with a piece of paper. Divide it into two and write in the first column reasons, motivations, and inspirations that made you interested in this university.
Support your words with examples. Now write about your usual activity. It may be half time job or club membership. Say what experience you have gotten from these activities.
4. Show that you are enthusiastic person. You must love subjects that you will study at university. Maybe your extra curriculum activity is somehow connected with your subjects. Write about it to make a good example.
5. Someone’s personal statement must sound genuine. Write what you are actually interested in. If you like reading, speak about particular genre or book. Prove that this is true. Be honest, do not make your essay fake.
Keep your writing lively. Nobody wants to read boring and flat essay. Yes, you are writing a professional paper, but it does not mean that it has to be formal. This work must be vivid.
6. Show tutor what you know about the course. Convince him that you have great organizational skills. Prove that you are able to overcome challenges. Illustrate it by real stories from your life.
7. Do not panic. You are amazing person. You are nice and talented. Believe in yourself and do not give up.
We hope that this Personal Statement Essay is helpful. Thank you for reading our blog. Here you can find everything that you need. If you have questions or someone’s guidance, be sure we want assist you.