Hollywood movie industry unites various people. It is a huge mistake to think that all Hollywood actors are Americans. Many of them were born far from the United States. Do you know that some of your favorite actors and actresses are from Australia? If you are interested, continue to read.
By the way, do not miss a chance to apply to the best writing service. We can offer a wide variety of help concerning writing assignments. Please chat with support agents, if you have questions.
1. Margot Elise Robbie. Australian actress started her career in 2007. Prior to the movement to Los-Angeles, Margot acted into several films. Big changes happened in her life after “About Time” was released. That was a romantic comedy. Critics appreciated it greatly. In 2013 people saw Margot in “The Wolf of Wall Street” by Martin Scorsese. The movie had a big success. She starred together with Leo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill. Margot’s performance was brilliant. She was nominated for the MTV Movie Awards.
Such films as “Focus”, “The Legend of Tarzan”, and “Suicide Squad” became her next step to huge popularity. People like her. Margot is beautiful, talented, and she always works hard.
2. Heath Ledger. His life was too short. This brilliant Australian actor was popular enough in his native country. In 1998 Heath moved to the USA. Ledger performed roles in 19 movies that were shot in Hollywood. Such films as “The Patriot”, “Brokeback Mountain”, “The Dark Knight”, and “The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus” became a huge contribution to American cinematography.
For Ledger’s admirable performance in “The Dark Knight”, he achieved the Academy Award for the Best Supporting Actor. Heath wished to be a film director. For these reasons, he created several music videos.
His death had a big impact on society. A huge crowd of people with flowers gathered outside the place where he lived. One of the theaters in his native town was named after Heath Ledger.
As a matter of fact, the reason of his death was drug intoxication.
3. Mia Wasikowska. Big fame and world-wide prominence Mia achieved after role of Alice in “Alice in Wonderland”. This girl became a breakthrough actress in 2010. Mia is a new Hollywood star. She worked with such people as Sam Worthington, Mark Ruffalo, Julianne Moore, Johnny Depp, and many others.
Mia performed her first role when she was 15. Her friends say that she is quiet and tender. As for Mia, she tells that in childhood she was a very shy girl.
In 2007 Mia Wasikowska received a serious suggestion to become a part of American drama “In Treatment”. That was the first thing that she did in America. Mia had to leave Australia and moved to United States.
Before Mia got the role of Alice, she did about 5 auditions for it. Also, this young actress managed to replace Emma Stone in “Crimson Peak”.
4. Russell Crowe. Although Russell’s native country is New Zealand, most time he spent in Australia. Despite the fact that he is a genius actor, music was his first love. Do you know that Crowe began his wonderful path as musician?
Russell needed several years to become one of the major Hollywood actors. It looks like he is performing only in those movies that are doomed to win Oscar. There is no doubt that he is one of the most powerful and gifted actors of his generation. It is good enough for a person who has never had formal acting training. Nobody has taught him how to be an actor. Russell Crowe says that acting is an instinctive talent.
Russell won his first Oscar nomination for “The Insider”. Who can forget his performing in “Gladiator”? That was a big screen success which led Crowe to Oscar. Even though “A Beautiful Mind” was a challenging for this actor, he accomplished it faultlessly.
This personality is so outstanding. If you need extra information about Russell Crowe, make an order on our site.
5. Cate Blanchett. This absolutely talented, beautiful, and brilliant Australian actress does not stop to astonish people. Her performing is so amazing. Some of Cate’s roles became legendary as, for example, Lady Galadriel in “The Lord of the Rings”. It is not surprising that she has won so many awards.
In Sydney Cate was studying in an acting school. She was lucky enough to perform her first big role together with Geoffrey Rush. In 1998 the role of Elizabeth I of England brought her real fame. The movie required much efforts from two Australian leading actors and Indian director. Even though the work demanded much strength, talent, and efforts from every participant, the film attracted multiple awards, including Oscar and six BAFTA Awards.
In 2010 the audience could enjoy her playing in “Robin Hood” with Russell Crowe. Cate Blanchett’s role of Jasmine in “Blue Jasmine” received positive reviews. Some critics claimed that it was the best Cate’s performance for her entire career.
6. Chris Hemsworth. He has made a name for himself by performing Thor in Marvel film “Thor”. Chris started his career in 2002 with two small episodes in television series. “Cash” was the first movie where Hemsworth starred after he had moved to the USA. In 2012 Chris appeared in “Snow White and the Huntsman”.
Nowadays Chris Hemsworth is the most popular Australian actor in Hollywood. Each year he performs in different movies. Hemsworth is ambitious and gifted person. Chris proved that he is a talented actor by playing in different genres of films.
7. Nicole Kidman. It would be not fair to say that she is Australian actress. It would be better to say that Nicole is American-Australian actress. She was actually born in Honolulu. When Nicole was 4, her family returned to Australia.
At the age of 17 Nicole was sure she would become an actress. She was an active member of theater performances. Also, she played in television series. “Bangkok Hilton” brought her popularity and made Nicole recognized outside the country. For these reasons, in 1990 she appeared in “Days of Thunder” where she played opposite Tom Cruise. The movie was more than successful.
Nicole’s remarkable roles in such movies as “Far and Away”, “My Life”, “Batman Forever”, “Eyes Wide Shut”, “Moulin Rouge”, and others make the audience to sit still while watching. She received numerous awards as well as high appreciation from critics and fans.
We hope that you have enjoyed this paper. Thank you for reading essays on our website. Here one can find many useful information. Read our essays on sports, if you are interested in this field. Follow the blog and chat with agents in case you need aid.